CICOPS Scholarships For Teachers Italy 2020
What is CICOPS Scholarships For Teachers Italy 2020?
The University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies) invite applications for the CICOPS Scholarships For Teachers Italy 2020 from visiting scholars.
The aim of the scholarship program is to promote international cooperation, particularly with the developing countries and encourage mobility of researchers from developing countries through a short term research program. The selected scholars have the opportunity to conduct research in collaboration with a professor at the University of Pavia, Italy.
Who offers this scholarship?
The scholarship is being offered by the University of Pavia and EDiSU (Institute of the Right to University Studies). CICOPS Scholarships For Teachers Italy 2020
Applicants must have at least two years of either teaching experience or activity within international organizations and institutions. Scholarships are designed for both junior and senior members of Universities in Developing Countries or members of major research centers and international organizations or institutions with a specific interest in the field of development studies.
CICOPS Scholarships For Teachers Italy 2020 are reserved for research collaboration in the short term in order to encourage the mobility of researchers from developing countries. Applicants enrolled in a Doctoral or Postgraduate Course at an Italian University are not eligible to apply. For further information please refer to the FAQ section on the website.
What are the benefits?
he selected scholars will receive the following benefits:
- An opportunity to conduct a 4-12 week long research in collaboration with a professor from and at the University of Pavia, Italy.
- A contribution of EUR 150 (gross) per week
- Travel grant (economy class)
- Food and accommodation expenses
- Health insurance policy for the CICOPS Scholarships For Teachers Italy 2020
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply for the scholarship program: CICOPS Scholarships For Teachers Italy 2020
Step 1: Visit the scholarship page to access the online application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Documents required for CICOPS Scholarships for teacher Italy 2020?
The following documents should be uploaded:
- Curriculum vitae (with a list of publications)
- Invitation letter from the professor or researcher with whom the applicant intends to collaborate
What are the selection criteria?
The applicants will be shortlisted by 30th June 2019 by a Committee composed of the President of CICOPS and another two members designated by the Rector. The applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- The scientific relevance of the proposed project
- The Curriculum Vitae of the applicant
- The geographical regions of origin of the candidates
- In case, the scientific and professional value of two applicants is equal, the preference will be given to the following applicants:
- Applicants employed by Universities/Institutions linked to the University of Pavia with a pre-existing Cooperation Agreement (See: Elenco Accordi UNIPV)
- Applicants from lower-income economies
What are the important dates?
- Application deadline: 31st May 2019
- Period of stay: Between 13th January – 20th July 2020 and 14th September – 18th December 2020
- The decision on the selection of candidates: By 30th June 2019
Q. If an applicant has received two invitation letters from two different professors at the University of Pavia, can he/she send in two applications?
A. No, each and every applicant can only send in one application for his/her candidacy for The CICOPS Scholarships For Teachers Italy 2020.
Q. Is a Ph.D. student who has yet to graduate eligible to apply for a CICOPS scholarship?
A. If an applicant is still a Ph.D. student, he/she can only apply for a CICOPS scholarship if he/she is institutionally engaged by a University or Institution on a regular basis.
Q. Having sent an email concerning an inquiry when should an applicant expect to receive an answer?
A. Due to the magnitude of the questions received through email, only those questions will receive a reply which cannot be answered by going through the call for applications and the FAQ with great care.
For more information, click here.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship includes travel (economy class2), food and accommodation expenses, health insurance policy and a contribution of 150.00 Euro (gross) per week.
- Selected scholars must confirm acceptance of the scholarship and its conditions within 20 days of receipt of the email communication stating their successful application, together with the exact dates of their requested stay.
- If a candidate fails to confirm his/her acceptance, he/she loses the right to the scholarship that will be consequently awarded to the next applicant in the ranking. Changes to the planned program agreed upon the assignment of the scholarship will not be accepted.
- Once the University of Pavia has received the declaration of acceptance of the scholarship, we will: – send an invitation letter in support of the visa request (with prior arrangements and in special cases a contribution for visa issuing will be granted); – book a return flight ticket (economy class); – stipulate a health insurance policy and personal accident insurance; – arrange accommodation at a University College for the period of stay in Pavia; – provide a card for meals at University canteens; – pay the contribution.
- The hosting Department will guarantee access to all the necessary facilities for study and research activities (libraries, computer facilities, etc.).
- The selected scholar may be requested to deliver one or more lectures on his/her field of research.
- At the end of the study period in Pavia, scholars must provide both a report on the work completed at the host Department and copies of any articles or publications. Personal data submitted by the applicants will be used for application and selection procedures and for solely institutional purposes, in accordance with the Italian Legislative Decree n. 196/2003 (Italian Privacy code).
For more information, click here.
Some Important Links
University of Pavia
65 (main entrance) – 27100
Phone: +39 0382 989898