ANU HDR FREE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP 2019
What’s ANU HDR Free Merit Scholarship 2019?
The Australian Nationwide College invitations purposes for ANU HDR Free Merit Scholarship (concurrently with the ANU College Analysis Scholarship) to help excessive attaining worldwide HDR college students who’re conducting analysis which aligns with the strategic instructions of the College.
This scholarship includes a number of advantages starting from Worldwide Pupil Charges (ISF) all through the award together with the complete Abroad Well being Cowl (OSHC) for this system period.
Who’s providing this scholarship?
The Australian Nationwide College is providing this scholarship to supply a monetary grant to the distinctive worldwide candidates to undertake their analysis diploma in a number of fields of examine.
Who can apply for this scholarship?
To be eligible to obtain this award, an applicant should
- Be an international student enrolling full-time in an accredited HDR course of study at the University.
- Be awarded an ANU University Research Scholarship.
- Have normally achieved a minimum of H1 or H1 equivalent in their prior studies.
What are the advantages?
The period of the full-time award might be three years and the chosen candidates are eligible to obtain the next advantages beneath this scholarship.
- Worldwide pupil price (for tuition).
- Abroad Well being Care Cowl (eligible for recipients holding pupil visa) together with the duvet for the recipient’s partner and fast household (the place relevant).
Word: The recipient is liable for making the cost of every other charge, by the prescribed date set by the College in every session. Recipients of this award are liable for the price of books, lodging and all different prices of examine.
How are you going to apply?
Step 1: Apply for a full-time HDR credited Course from ANU.
Step 2: Submit all prior analysis paperwork to obtain the ANU Analysis Scholarship.
Word: No particular utility is required for this scholarship as all eligible candidates might be assessed primarily based upon their utility for admission.
What are the choice standards?
The candidates might be chosen primarily based on the next choice standards:
- Educational Report
- Analysis potential, help from the potential supervisor and placement through which the analysis might be undertaken.
- Referee reviews
- Competency within the English Language
- Comparability with different purposes obtained in the identical award spherical
Word: The Choice Committee reserves the fitting to provide a way no award if it considers there isn’t an applicant of adequate benefit. The Choice Committee may fluctuate the variety of awards primarily based on the usual of purposes obtained or every other distinctive circumstance.
What are the essential dates?
Utility Deadline: 31 August 2019
Phrases and Circumstances
- A recipient might apply for suspension of their award. The approval of a suspension might be on the discretion of the recipient’s Faculty.
- The award could also be withdrawn at any stage if incorrect, false or deceptive data is offered or related data is withheld.
- There are not any paid depart advantages provided beneath this award.
- Recipients might apply for the unpaid program and scholarship depart by finishing the related part of the Handle my Diploma – HDR type in ISIS.
- The award of a scholarship/grant doesn’t carry any dedication by the College for future employment.
To know extra, click here.
Paperwork ANU HDR FREE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP 2019
HDR Fee Merit Scholarship (744/2018)
HIGHER DEGREE RESEARCH (HDR) FEE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
CONDITIONS OF AWARD
Each year the Australian National University may offer a number of awards known as the Higher Degree Research (HDR) Fee Merit Scholarship (“the award”).
The objective of the award is to encourage and support exceptional international HDR applicants to undertake their research degree at the Australian National University.
Funding for this award is provided by the Australian National University.
2. BENEFITS about ANU HDR FREE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP 2019
International Student Fees: The award covers the recipient’s International Student Fees (for tuition) for the duration of the award.
Overseas Health Care Cover: Recipients of the award who hold a Student Visa, will also be eligible for full Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), for the standard program duration, including cover for the recipient’s spouse and immediate family (where applicable).
The recipient is responsible for making payment of any other administrative fees, by the prescribed date as set by the University each session. Recipients of this award are responsible for the cost of books, study materials, accommodation and all other costs of study.
Duration: The duration of a full-time award will be three years in the first instance for a recipient undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy degree, and one year in the first instance for a Master of Philosophy student or such shorter period as is stated in the letter of offer.
Periods of enrolment already undertaken for the HDR degree and periods of enrolment undertaken for the HDR degree during the suspension of the award will be deducted from the duration of the award.
Periods of paid sick leave taken in accordance with Section 38 of the ANU Research Awards Rule 2017, as well as maternity and parental leave, are additional to the normal duration of the award.
Extension: If eligible, a recipient may apply for an extension of the award by completing the Manage my Degree – HDR form. The maximum period of extension is six months and an extension may be sought only where the HDR program has been delayed by circumstances beyond the recipient’s control, and are not of a personal nature. Doctor of Psychology (Clinical) students is not eligible for this extension.
HDR Fee Merit Scholarship (744/2018)
3. PROGRAM & AWARD LEAVE
There are no paid leave benefits offered under this award.
The University may approve the unpaid program and scholarship leave of absence on personal grounds, which does not exceed a total period of 12 months during the period of the award, after which the recipient may resume the award.
If the unpaid program and scholarship leave of absence exceed 12 months, the recipient may not be eligible for the resumption of the award.
An application for the unpaid program and scholarship leave of absence for more than 12 months will only be considered if there are exceptional circumstances beyond the control of the recipient and must be approved by the Delegated Authority in the College.
Unpaid program and scholarship Leave is aggregated and awarded only in one-week blocks for a full-time recipient and two-week blocks for a part-time recipient.
Recipients may apply for the unpaid program and scholarship leave by completing the relevant section of the Manage my Degree – HDR form in ISIS.
4. ELIGIBILITY for ANU HDR FREE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP 2019
The award will be available each year to a prospective and continuing students who:
(a) is an international student enrolling full-time in an accredited HDR course of study at the University;
(b) Has also been awarded an ANU University Research Scholarship; and
(d) has normally achieved a minimum of H1 or H1 equivalent in their prior studies.
5. APPLICATION for ANU HDR FREE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP 2019
There is no application as students are automatically considered based on applicants meeting
the eligibility criteria or conditions prescribed under the Eligibility section.
6. SELECTION on ANU HDR FREE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP 2019
Selection of this award requires each of the ANU Colleges to convene a selection committee
to score and rank ALL eligible H1 (or equivalent) applicants in a merit-based process. Overall
the ranking includes consideration of:
- Academic Record
- Research Potential, support from the prospective supervisor and location in which the research will be undertaken
- Referee reports
- English Language competency
- Comparison with other applications received in the same award round The Selection Committee reserves the right to make no award if it considers there is no applicant of sufficient merit.
- The Selection Committee may also vary the number of awards HDR Fee Merit Scholarship (744/2018) and/or offer the award at other times in exceptional circumstances or based on the standard of applications or students (where funds allow).
7. CONCURRENT HOLDING OF AWARDS
A recipient of the award is not permitted to concurrently hold other fee scholarships, awards,
grants or bursaries with this award.
A recipient of the award is permitted to concurrently hold other non-fee scholarships (including the University Research Scholarship), awards, grants, and bursaries subject to the terms of the corresponding section in the conditions of award of the other scholarship/bursary/grant/award that they are holding.
8. DEFERMENT about ANU HDR FREE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP 2019
The award must be taken up no later than the date specified in the letter of the offer unless in special circumstances another date has been approved by the Delegated Authority.
9. ONGOING ELIGIBILITY
The recipient is required to remain enrolled full-time in a program of study for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy/Doctor of Psychology (Clinical)/Master of Philosophy at the Australian National University.
The recipient is required to maintain eligibility for their ANU University Research Scholarship. Should the recipient lose eligibility to hold their ANU University Research Scholarship, this award will also terminate.
A part-time award may be offered or approved if the student has reasons acceptable to the University that preclude full-time study for part or all of the course of study.
In such cases, the University must be satisfied that the reasons relate to caring commitments, a medical condition, a disability or other circumstance which limits the student’s capacity to undertake full-time study. An award cannot be transferred to another tertiary institution.
10. SUSPENSION OF AWARD
A recipient may apply for suspension of their award. The approval of a suspension will be at the discretion of the recipient’s College. A suspension may be appropriate if a recipient is studying at another institution and receives an award for that study.
In these circumstances, the duration of the award will be reduced by the periods of study undertaken towards the degree during the suspension of the award (unless the study was undertaken overseas as part of a Commonwealth Government financially supported international postgraduate research scholarship or award).
The University may suspend an award where a recipient has;
- outstanding fees;
- an outstanding debt with the University; or
- HDR Fee Merit Scholarship (744/2018)
- outstanding HDR program milestone/s The award will be suspended when at least five working days have passed since the University advised the recipient in writing that the milestones, debt and/or fees are
outstanding, until the milestones have been met or the outstanding fees and/or debt have been paid.
- Under these circumstances, the recipient will forfeit payment of the award for the period of time that their award is suspended.
11. CESSATION OF AWARD
The award ceases:
- at the conclusion of the period outlined in section
- or on submission of the thesis for examination;
- or on the date on which the student withdraws or ceases to attend the University other
than for approved absences;
- or if a recipient is no longer meeting or has breached the conditions of award;
- or if a recipient breaches academic or behavioral standards set by the University under the Academic Misconduct & Discipline Rules.
- if the student ceases to be eligible to hold their ANU University Research Scholarship.
12. PROVIDING FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION
The offer of an award is based on the information provided to the University. An award may be withdrawn at any stage if incorrect, false or misleading information is provided or relevant information is withheld.
This includes circumstances where the false information is unrelated to the assessment in offering the award.N
13. VARIATION TO CONDITIONS OF AWARD
In exceptional circumstances and on a case-by-case basis section 6 and/or 7 of these conditions of the award may be varied by the Dean, Higher Degree Research on the recommendation of the Registrar.
14. TAXATION & CENTRELINK
Recipients are responsible for seeking taxation and Centrelink advice regarding their own individual circumstances. Scholarships/grants/awards may be regarded as taxable income if a recipient is enrolled on a part-time basis.
For information on how your award may affect your Centrelink benefits, please refer to this
HDR Fee Merit Scholarship (744/2018)
It is the recipient’s responsibility to obtain residential accommodation. Information on student accommodation and application forms are available from the University Accommodation Services. Information may be found on the Web at http://www.anu.edu.au/study/accommodation
16. PUBLICITY about ANU HDR FREE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP 2019
The award recipient may be requested to participate in publicity for the award from time to time. This may include publicity in the state or territory of residence or of schooling. Recipients may be contacted for an interview and photograph.
The University may also publicise the award by publishing the names of the recipients. Arrangements for such publicity will be made through the Strategic Communications and Public Affairs Office of the University.
17. DISCLAIMER about ANU HDR FREE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP 2019
The recipient of this award is subject to The Australian National University Act 1991 as amended, and to the Statutes, Rules, Regulations, and Resolutions of the University.
The award of a scholarship/grant does not carry any commitment by the University for future employment. These conditions of award should be read in conjunction with the University’s Research Award Rules and Candidature and Supervision Policies.
18. RELATED POLICIES, PROCEDURES, RULES & RESOURCES
- ANU Research Award Rules – https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L01614
- ANU Overpayments Procedure – https://policies.anu.edu.au/ppl/document/ANUP_000599
- ANU Academic Misconduct Rules – https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2015L02025
- ANU Discipline Rules – https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2015L02046
- Thesis Allowance Requirements – http://www.anu.edu.au/students/programadministration/assessments-exams/theses-reimbursement
- Research Scholarship Information (including forms) –